Take It Home: Prepare for Jesus Day 3
Prepare with Gentleness
“Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged. He will not falter or lose heart until justice prevails throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction.” Isaiah 42:1-4 NLT
For those of us living forgiven lives under Jesus, our King, the Holy Spirit strengthens and encourages us to demonstrate such mercy and grace to others. This week we can prepare the world for Jesus’ Kingdom by opening our hearts to the gentleness the Spirit gives us. What movement and words on behalf of others is He suggesting?
- Put up with an irritant.
- Skip the judgmental attitude.
- Greet/welcome the “other” person.
- Write a letter to someone you’ve been estranged from.
- Talk to the boss. If you see something that is not as it should be (In the interest of another) encourage them to make a change.
- Give someone affirmation simply by spending time with them.
- Serve someone: cook, bake, shovel, sweep, clean, repair, carry, deliver, fetch.